About Our Work
The Farm to School Coalition of North Carolina (F2SCNC) brings together a dedicated group of farm to school (F2S) stakeholders that will collaborate to expand and strengthen farm to school initiatives across the state.
Strategic Plan -- Farm to School Coalition of NC
Many partners throughout NC helped in the development of this strategic plan which was released in 2015. The plan includes an introduction, vision and mission, what farm to school in NC looks like, goals, how you can get involved and a history of the Coalition.
Mission and Vision
VisionThe F2SCNC forecasts a farm to school effort in every North Carolina county. We foresee young people who participate in F2S will benefit from evidence-based activities. In addition, by engaging young people, local farmers, school systems, and whole communities in the growing, distributing and promoting of healthy foods, we envision a vibrant and robust food system whereby everyone affiliated with the school community has knowledge of and access to locally produced, nutritious foods, resulting in healthier citizens, communities and economies.
MissionThe Farm to School Coalition of NC seeks to expand and strengthen farm to school initiatives across the state through network development, advancement, and education.
Values and Guiding Principles
The statewide Farm to School Coalition of NC supports the following as part of a high-performing team. Together we will:
- Network and build relationships
- Coordinate and collaborate on farm to school efforts
- Respect multiple approaches
- Communicate clearly via diverse methods and strategies
- Address gaps and avoid duplication in farm to school programming
- Share farm to school best practices
- Improve equitable access to the components of farm to school
- Increase the consumption of locally grown healthy food by our students